Terms of Service Agreement
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EACH PROVISION. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONSTITUTE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SNAPCAST. BY ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING, USING, PURCHASING AND/OR SUBSCRIBING TO THE SNAPCAST SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT, THEN CEASE USING SNAPCAST SERVICES IMMEDIATELY.
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A MANDATORY INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS. THIS IS THE WAY THAT DISPUTES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SNAPCAST WILL BE RESOLVED. THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE REQUIRES THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND SNAPCAST BE SUBMITTED TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRTION UNLESS YOU OPT OUT. IN ADDITION: I) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PERSUE CLAIMS AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND NOT IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; AND II) YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON YOUR CLAIMS. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, AND HOW TO OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE EUROPEAN UNION, UNITED KINGDOM, OR CERTAIN OTHER COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS OR CERTAIN PARTS OF THIS AGREEMENT, SUCH AS THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We recommend that you save a copy of this Agreement for your records. You may receive a copy of this agreement by emailing SnapCast
1. Use of Our Service
SnapCast provides a digital platform for agents, scouts, other industry professionals, third party vendors and prospective talent (i.e. models who are not yet “signed” with any agency/scout and/or those who aspire to be models) to view and connect with each other. This includes permitting you—at our sole discretion— to list and post your personal information to our website and app, link your social media accounts, communicate with other users of SnapCast including, but not limited to agents and scouts, and receive communications about products and events from our third-party partners and service providers, including promotions and offers.
SnapCast does not offer, nor guarantee that any agency or scout will show any interest in you, or contact you or that you will be signed; SnapCast itself is not an agency or a scout, but a platform where you can present your information to the modeling, fashion, talent, media, entertainment, print and related industries. SnapCast is NOT an employment agency, nor are we a modeling agency or scout. SnapCast does not intend to appoint you as its employee or legal agent, or to form any kind of legal partnership or joint venture with you. You are not authorized to make any commitments on behalf of SnapCast, and SnapCast will not make commitments on your behalf, except as contemplated by these Terms of Service.
This is a contract between you and SnapCast. You must read and agree to these terms before using the SnapCast Service. If you do not agree, you may not use the Service. You may use the Service only if you can form a binding contract with SnapCast, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by SnapCast.
B. SnapCast Service
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable license to use the Service as permitted by the features of the Service. SnapCast reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the SnapCast Content (as defined below). SnapCast may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
C. SnapCast Accounts
Your SnapCast account gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion. We may maintain different types of accounts for different types of Users. If you open a SnapCast account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then (a) “you” includes you and that entity, and (b) you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement, and that you agree to this Agreement on the entity’s behalf. By connecting to SnapCast with a third-party service, you give us permission to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service, and to store your log-in credentials for that service.
You may never use another User’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information, and you must keep this information up to date. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You must notify SnapCast immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. SnapCast will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
You may control your User profile and how you interact with the Service by changing the settings in your settings page. By providing SnapCast with your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the Service and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your settings page. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
SnapCast account holders may access the SnapCast Service for free or by subscription as follows:
- SnapCast Free Service: a free service which provides use of a feature to store job information (such as your personal information, measurements, photos, social media accounts, etc.) designed for easy recall. This service allows you to submit your details to an unlimited number of agencies and scouts who are in the SnapCast network of users. Once you submit to your first agent, a 30-day (thirty day) period commences. During this time agents are able to express interest in you and communicate with you about further prospects. Your profile information is visible only to those agents to whom you submit within the 30-day period once that period has commenced (i.e. beginning with your first submission). At the expiry of the 30-day period, your profile then goes into a SnapCast general population (“GenPoP) folder where it remains—free if charge— for an additional 30-day period of time, during which it is visible to all agents and scouts in the SnapCast network of users. This is designed to allow agencies and scouts to whom you did submit (and those to whom you did not submit) to view your profile information and reach out to you. You will also continue to receive offers and promotions from SnapCast’s third party partners during this time. At the expiry of the 30-day free access in the “GenPop” folder, SnapCast will notify you that your account is to be deleted unless you chose to continue to remain a SnapCast member by subscribing to our Premium Service.
- SnapCast Premium Service:a subscription fee-based service which provides unlimited access to the SnapCast “GenPop” folder, permitting all agencies and scouts in the SnapCast member network to continue to have access to your profile, send you notifications and communicate with you at their sole discretion when and if they so choose. You also have an opportunity to update your profile, personal information, photos, etc., so long as your maintain your SnapCast Premium Service subscription. As a subscriber to SnapCast’s Premium Service you will also continue to receive notifications and promotions related to the modeling industry from our third party partners. The SnapCast premium service also includes an appointment arrangement function; allowing you to store and track your own personal appointments, log your contents and job history of any independent modeling jobs that you might find on your own. When and if you are officially “signed” by a SnapCast network member agency we require that you immediately notify us of this fact, so that we can transition your account to our partner service Bookt.com.
From time to time, we may offer trials of the Premium Service for a specified period without payment (a “Trial”). SnapCast reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your eligibility for a Trial, and to withdraw or to modify a Trial at any time without prior notice and with no liability. See below section on “Billing” for additional information pertaining to “Trials” and “Trial Premium”.
F. Agreement to Terms and Rules of the Service
You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (i) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”; (ii) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the SnapCast servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser (except that SnapCast grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy publically available materials from SnapCast.com for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (iii) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email; (iv) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (v) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (vi) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (vii) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service; (viii) using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes; (ix) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity; (x) interfering with the proper working of the Service; (xi) accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service; or (xii) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein.
We reserve the right, at Our discretion, to modify, add, or discontinue the SnapCast Services or any portion thereof, at any time, for any reason, and without liability to You. We reserve the right to make such modifications, additions, or discontinuances without such notice if needed to comply with law, protect or enforce legal rights, or otherwise to address or prevent an emergency. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement. We may require that you transition your account to our Bookt.com partner if and when you are “signed” by a SnapCast network member agency/scout.
If We make material changes to the Premium Services that: (a) reduce the functionality available to You on such Premium Service and (b) are mandatory (i.e., do not require You to update the SnapCast Software to become effective); You may terminate Your account accordingly within ten (10) days of such modifications and receive a pro-rata refund for any amounts pre-paid, but unused for such Premium Services. We reserve the right at any time to charge fees for access to all or portions of the SnapCast Services and change any such pricing at any time provided that any changes will not affect the fees for any Premium Services that You have already paid for.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to i) monitor the website and mobile applications of SnapCast for breaches of these Terms and Conditions; ii) take appropriate actions to correct violations or to comply with legal obligations.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other SnapCast Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. SnapCast shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
2. Community Guidelines
You agree not to post User Content that: (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal; (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort; (v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, obscene, or otherwise objectionable; (vi) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets); (vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or (viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current.
You will NOT use the SnapCast Services or any information displayed within the SnapCast Services to “stalk,” harass, abuse, defame, threaten or defraud other Users; violate the privacy or other rights of Users; or collect, attempt to collect, store, or disclose without permission the location or personal information about other Users. You will NOT include offensive or pornographic materials, or materials that are harmful in Your SnapCast Services personal profile page. You will NOT misrepresent the source, identity or content of information transmitted via the SnapCast Service. You will NOT display the SnapCast application or profile data on any external display or monitor or in any public setting. You will NOT remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the SnapCast Services, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the SnapCast Services, or features that enforce limitations on use of the SnapCast Services. You will NOT post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material which a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, defamatory, libelous, offensive, obscene, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically or otherwise offensive to any group or individual, intentionally misleading, false, or otherwise inappropriate, regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful. You will NOT post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material which infringes any patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, or any other rights of any person. You will NOT use the SnapCast Services in connection with hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance or any application in which the failure or inaccuracy of that application or the SnapCast Services could lead to death, personal injury, or physical or property damage. SnapCast reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate without notice your right to use SnapCast Services if we find that your behavior violates our guidelines.
You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) or rights of privacy. To the extent that your User Content contains music, you hereby represent that you are the owner of all the copyright rights, including without limitation the performance, mechanical, and sound recordings rights, with respect to each and every musical composition (including lyrics) and sound recording contained in such User Content and have the power to grant the license granted below. SnapCast reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that SnapCast believes, in its sole discretion, violates any of these provisions. You understand that publishing your User Content on the Service is not a substitute for registering it with the U.S. Copyright Office, the Writer’s Guild of America, or any other rights organization.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
In connection with your User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant the following:
- A. You have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in the User Content, if any, to use such person’s name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Service and this Agreement, and each such person has released you from any liability that may arise in relation to such use.
- B. You have obtained and are solely responsible for obtaining all consents as may be required by law to post any User Content relating to third parties.
- C. Your User Content and SnapCast’s use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Service will not violate any law or infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Rights and privacy rights.
- D. SnapCast may exercise the rights to your User Content granted under this Agreement without liability for payment of any guild fees, residuals, payments, fees, or royalties payable under any collective bargaining agreement or otherwise.
- E. To the best of your knowledge, all your User Content and other information that you provide to us is truthful and accurate.
SnapCast takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts, sends, or otherwise makes available over the Service. You shall be solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting, publishing it, sharing it, or otherwise making it available on the Service, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that SnapCast shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of or relating to any User Content. SNAPCAST IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE SNAPCAST SERVICES OR FOR THE ACTIONS OF OTHER USERS WITH WHOM YOU MAY EXCHANGE INFORMATION OR HAVE CONTACT. SNAPCAST DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL OR OTHER BACKGROUND SCREENINGS OF ITS USERS. SNAPCAST DOES NOT VERIFY THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS WITH RESPECT TO USERS’ IDENTITY, HEALTH, PHYSICAL CONDITION, OR OTHERWISE.
3. User Content License Grant; Email Content License Grant
By posting or otherwise making available any User Content on or through the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant, to SnapCast a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, syndicate, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service and SnapCast’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
By allowing SnapCast to access your email, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant, to SnapCast a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, and make derivative works of all email content and metadata in whole or in part, for use in connection with the Service and SnapCast’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business.
- A. Mobile Software. We may make available software to access the Service via a mobile device (“Mobile Software”). To use the Mobile Software you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the Mobile Software. SnapCast does not warrant that the Mobile Software will be compatible with your mobile device. You may use mobile data in connection with the Mobile Software and may incur additional charges from your wireless provider for these services. You agree that you are solely responsible for any such charges. SnapCast hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use a compiled code copy of the Mobile Software for one SnapCast account on one mobile device owned or leased solely by you, for your personal use. You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Mobile Software, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Mobile Software to any third party or use the Mobile Software to provide time sharing or similar services for any third party; (iii) make any copies of the Mobile Software; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Mobile Software, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Mobile Software, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Mobile Software; or (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the Mobile Software. You acknowledge that SnapCast may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the Mobile Software, and may automatically electronically upgrade the version of the Mobile Software that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to all such upgrades. Any third-party code that may be incorporated in the Mobile Software is covered by the applicable open source or third-party license EULA, if any, authorizing use of such code. The foregoing license grant is not a sale of the Mobile Software or any copy thereof, and SnapCast or its third-party partners or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in the Mobile Software (and any copy thereof). Any attempt by you to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, is void. SnapCast reserves all rights not expressly granted under this Agreement. If the Mobile Software is being acquired on behalf of the United States Government, then the following provision applies. The Mobile Software will be deemed to be “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” respectively, pursuant to DFAR Section 227.7202 and FAR Section 12.212, as applicable. Any use, reproduction, release, performance, display or disclosure of the Service and any accompanying documentation by the U.S. Government will be governed solely by these Terms of Service and is prohibited except to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms of Service. The Mobile Software originates in the United States, and is subject to United States export laws and regulations. The Mobile Software may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries or those persons or entities prohibited from receiving exports from the United States. In addition, the Mobile Software may be subject to the import and export laws of other countries. You agree to comply with all United States and foreign laws related to use of the Mobile Software and the SnapCast Service.
- B. Mobile Software from iTunes. The following applies to any Mobile Software you acquire from the iTunes Store (“iTunes-Sourced Software”): You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is solely between you and SnapCast, not Apple, and that Apple has no responsibility for the iTunes-Sourced Software or content thereof. Your use of the iTunes-Sourced Software must comply with the App Store Terms of Service. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the iTunes-Sourced Software. In the event of any failure of the iTunes-Sourced Software to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the iTunes-Sourced Software to you; to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the iTunes-Sourced Software, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be solely governed by this Agreement and any law applicable to SnapCast as provider of the software. You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the iTunes-Sourced Software or your possession and/or use of the iTunes-Sourced Software, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the iTunes-Sourced Software fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and all such claims are governed solely by this Agreement and any law applicable to SnapCast as provider of the software. You acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the iTunes-Sourced Software or your possession and use of that iTunes-Sourced Software infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, SnapCast, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by this Agreement. You and SnapCast acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement as relates to your license of the iTunes-Sourced Software, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement as relates to your license of the iTunes-Sourced Software against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
5. Our Proprietary Rights
The SnapCast Services are owned and operated by SnapCast, Corp. Except for your User Content, the Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, content, software, code, products, mobile device applications, images, visual interfaces, information, text, graphics, compilations, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music, and User Content belonging to other Users (the “SnapCast Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of SnapCast and its licensors (including other Users who post User Content to the Service)(collectively, the “Materials”). These Materials are protected by United States copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international laws and conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. All Materials contained in the SnapCast Services are the property of SnapCast or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names displayed on the SnapCast Services are proprietary to SnapCast or its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights in the Materials, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any SnapCast Content and Materials. Use of the SnapCast Content for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place SnapCast under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, SnapCast does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to SnapCast, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
6. SnapCast Property
The Service contains data, information, and other content not owned by you, such as reputational or status indicators (“SnapCast Property”). You understand and agree that regardless of terminology used, SnapCast Property represents a limited license right governed solely by the terms of this Agreement and available for distribution at SnapCast’s sole discretion. SnapCast Property is not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from SnapCast at any time. You acknowledge that you do not own the account you use to access the Service, nor do you possess any rights of access or rights to data stored by or on behalf of SnapCast on SnapCast servers, including without limitation any data representing or embodying any or all of your SnapCast Property. You agree that SnapCast has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate SnapCast Property as it sees fit in its sole discretion, in any general or specific case, and that SnapCast will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such right. All data on SnapCast servers are subject to deletion, alteration or transfer. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY VALUE ATTRIBUTED TO SUCH DATA BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY DATA, ACCOUNT HISTORY AND ACCOUNT CONTENT RESIDING ON SNAPCAST’S SERVERS, MAY BE DELETED, ALTERED, MOVED OR TRANSFERRED AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON IN SNAPCAST’S SOLE DISCRETION, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND. SNAPCAST DOES NOT PROVIDE OR GUARANTEE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ANY VALUE, CASH OR OTHERWISE, ATTRIBUTED TO ANY DATA RESIDING ON SNAPCAST’S SERVERS.
7. Paid Services
- A. Billing Policies and Premium Services. Certain aspects of the Service (i.e. “Premium Services”) may be provided for a fee or other charge. If you elect to use paid aspects of the Service, you agree to the pricing and payment terms, as we may update them from time to time. SnapCast may add new services for additional fees and charges add or amend fees and charges for existing services, at any time in its sole discretion. Any change to our pricing or payment terms shall become effective in the billing cycle following notice of such change to you as provided in this Agreement. If you buy any of our paid services (“Premium Services”), you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to any additional terms specific to the Premium Services provided to you at the time of your purchase or that may later apply to your continued use of the Premium Services. You will have access to such Premium Services for a fixed term, which will automatically renew. PAID PREMIUM SERVICES AUTOMATICALLY RENEW. PREMIUM SERVICES AUTOMATICALLY RENEW CONTINUOUSLY AT THE END OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, AND YOUR PAYMENT METHOD WILL BE CHARGED THE THEN-CURRENT RENEWAL PRICE (PLUS APPLICABLE TAXES) AUTOMATICALLY, WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL ACTION BY YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE PREMIUM SERVICES AUTOMATICALLY RENEW UNLESS YOU CANCEL THEM OR WE SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THEM IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT. Failure to pay the Premium Service fees will result in the termination or suspension of your Premium Services. Also, you agree that: (a) we may change, remove or add services and features to the Premium Services from time to time. We may also change our fees for Premium Services from time to time. You acknowledge our right to make such changes and agree that such changes do not entitle you to a refund of the fees paid for the Premium Services; (b) we may store your payment method (e.g., credit card) to avoid interruptions in your Premium Services; (c) If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, cancel before the renewal date; (d) you authorize us to obtain updated or replacement expiration dates and card numbers for your credit or debit card as provided by your credit or debit card issuer. The terms of your payment will be based on your payment method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen payment method. You acknowledge that your payments for Premium Services may be processed by third parties such as Apple through the App Store or by Alphabet, Corp. (Google) through Google’s Google Play Store or other third parties. If third parties process your payments, additional terms and conditions may apply to you.
- B. Trial Premiums. Access to SnapCast Premium Services may from time to time be made available on a time-limited free trial basis (a “Trial” or “Trial Premiums”). Please note that this Agreement also applies to any Trial. You may be asked to provide Your credit or debit card information when registering for a Trial. In such event, Your credit or debit card will only be charged if You do not cancel Your Trial before the end of the Trial period. If We ask for Your credit or debit card information and You do not affirmatively cancel before the end of the Trial, then Your Trial may be converted into a paid subscription to SnapCast’s Premium Service and Your credit or debit card may be charged the subscription fee in effect at the time Your Trial first began. Trial Premiums are not available to former Users of Premium Services or Users who have previously received a free trial and cancelled it prior to paying for Premium Services.
- C. Purchases and Promo Codes. We reserve the right to correct errors (whether by changing information on the SnapCast Services or by informing You of the error and giving You an opportunity to cancel Your order) or to update information at any time without notice. We may grant or deny cancellation requests for individual orders in Our sole and absolute discretion. All sales are final. SnapCast may, from time to time in its sole discretion, offer certain promotional codes (“promo codes”) for discounts. Promotional codes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash, credit, or toward previous purchases. There is no cash alternative. Furthermore, promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotional discount, and must be redeemed by the date published, if provided. Lost promotional codes cannot be replaced. Limit one promotional code per customer. Promotional codes are void where prohibited. Any promotional program may be terminated or modified by SnapCast at any time in Our sole discretion..
- D. No Refunds. You may cancel your SnapCast account at any time; however, there are no refunds for cancellation. In the event that SnapCast suspends or terminates your account or this Agreement, you understand and agree that you shall receive no refund or exchange for any SnapCast Property, any unused time on a subscription, any license or subscription fees for any portion of the Service, any content or data associated with your account, or for anything else. We may make an exception if a refund for the fees that you paid for Premium Services if you request the refund within fourteen days of the transaction date and you reside in the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), or if the laws applicable in your jurisdiction provide for refunds. If you reside in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio or Wisconsin, you may cancel your Premium Services account, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the original date of purchase of such Premium Services, excluding Sundays and holidays. In the event that you die before the end of your subscription period and you resided in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio or Wisconsin at the time of your death, your estate will be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your death. In the event that you become disabled (such that you are unable to use the Services) before the end of your subscription period and you reside in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio or Wisconsin, you shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your disability by providing the company notice in the same manner as you request a refund as described below. If you sign up for Premium Services and would like to request a refund, you must make your request through Apple or Google (depending on whether you downloaded the SnapCast through the Apple App Store or by Google through Google’s Google Play Store) or other third-party payments processor.
- E. Risk of Loss. All products that may be purchased from or via the Service are transported and delivered to you by an independent carrier not affiliated with, or controlled by, SnapCast. Title to products purchased on the Service, as well as the risk of loss for such products, passes to you when SnapCast or our supplier delivers these items to the carrier.
- F. Payment Information; Taxes. All information that you provide in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Service must be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Service at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will pay any applicable taxes, if any, relating to any such purchases, transactions or other monetary transaction interactions. We may calculate taxes payable by you based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
- G. Payments. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing, SnapCast shall remit payments due to you hereunder no later than thirty (30) days after the end of each calendar month in which the applicable fees are received. Payment shall be in the form you select when you register for the Service, or as subsequently updated as permitted by the Service. Payments shall only be made in those months in which the amount due to you totals at least $50. Unpaid amounts due shall accrue until the next month in which the amount due is at least $50. SnapCast reserves the right to withhold payment or charge back to your account any amounts otherwise due to us under this Agreement, or amounts due to any breach of this Agreement by you, pending SnapCast’s reasonable investigation of such breach. SnapCast also reserves the right to withhold payment or charge back to your account any amounts subject to dispute, such as in the case of credit card charge backs, pending successful resolution of the dispute. To ensure proper payment, you are solely responsible for providing and maintaining accurate contact and payment information associated with your account, which includes without limitation applicable tax information. If we believe that we are obligated to obtain tax information and you do not provide this information to us after we have requested it, we may withhold your payments until you provide this information or otherwise satisfy us that you are not a person or entity from whom we are required to obtain tax information. Any third-party fees related to returned or cancelled payments due to a contact or payment information error or omission may be deducted from the newly issued payment. You agree to pay all applicable taxes or charges imposed by any government entity in connection with your participation in the Service. If you dispute any payment made hereunder, you must notify SnapCast in writing within thirty (30) days of such payment or from when you purport such payment would have been due, whichever is earlier. Failure to so notify SnapCast shall result in the waiver by you of any claim relating to such disputed payment. Payment shall be calculated solely based on records maintained by SnapCast. No other measurements or statistics of any kind shall be accepted by SnapCast or have any effect under this Agreement and you shall have no audit rights hereunder. We may withhold any taxes or other amounts from payments due to you as required by law.
- H. California Residents. The provider of services is set forth herein. If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.
8. No Professional Advice
If the Service provides professional information (for example, medical, legal, or financial), such information is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. No action should be taken based upon any information contained in the Service. You should seek independent professional advice from a person who is licensed and/or qualified in the applicable area or specialty.
You may sign up to receive certain SnapCast notifications or information via text messaging. You may incur additional charges from your wireless provider for these services. You agree that you are solely responsible for any such charges.
SnapCast cares about the integrity and security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT. YOU AGREE TO NOTIFY SNAPCAST IMMEDIATELY OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT OR ANY OTHER BREACH OF SECURITY. SNAPCAST WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, LIABILITY, EXPENSES OR ATTORNEY’S FEES THAT YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF SOMEONE ELSE USING YOUR PASSPORT OR ACCOUNT, EITHER WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE.
11. DMCA Notice
Since we respect artist and content owner rights, it is SnapCast’s policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”).
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify SnapCast’s copyright agent as set forth in the DMCA. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit SnapCast to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
85 Fulton St. Unit 8
Boonton, NJ 07005
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying SnapCast and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with SnapCast’s rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, SnapCast has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. SnapCast may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
13. Third-Party Links and Information
14. No Warranty
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SNAPCAST OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SNAPCAST, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. YOU BEAR THE ENTIRE RISK OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE SERVICE’S QUALITY, RELIABILITY AND PERFORMANCE.
SNAPCAST DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SNAPCAST SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, AND SNAPCAST WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
FEDERAL LAW, SOME STATES, PROVINCES AND OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THE DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
15. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SNAPCAST, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS, REPUTATION, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SNAPCAST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SNAPCAST ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND/OR LOSS OF YOUR DATA; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVICE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; AND/OR (VII) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SNAPCAST, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO SNAPCAST HEREUNDER OR $100.00, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF SNAPCAST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE BENEFIT OF THE BARGAIN WITH SNAPCAST. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SNAPCAST HAS OFFERED THE SNAPCAST SERVICES, SET ITS PRICES, AND ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT IN RELIANCE UPON THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND SNAPCAST, AND THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND SNAPCAST. SNAPCAST WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE SNAPCAST SERVICES TO YOU ON AN ECONOMICALLY REASONABLE BASIS WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS.
YOU RELEASE US. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, You hereby release and forever discharge Us (and Our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, emotional distress, identity theft, death, and property loss and damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, (1) any interactions with, or act or omission of, or User Content provided by, other SnapCast Services Users or (2) any third-party site, products, services, and links included on or accessed through the SnapCast Service.
SnapCast third-party partners may from time to time alert you to events that you may wish to attend where alcohol will be served. SnapCast does not have any control over such events. SnapCast does not endorse or encourage the consumption of alcoholic beverages. In the event that you do chose to consume alcohol at an event, you certify that you are of legal drinking age in the jurisdiction where you are located and where such event is taking place. You are expected to use common sense and to know your own limits pertaining to the consumption of alcohol. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR DECISION TO CONSUME ALCOHOL AT AN EVENT IS SOLELY A PERSONAL DECISION AND YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS, AND ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY, FOR ANY ALL CONSEQUENCES RESULTING FROM YOUR CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL.
YOUR ATTENDANCE AT AN EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, AND YOU FULLY ACCEPT ANY AND ALL ASSOCIATED RISK WITH ATTENDING AN EVENT. YOU FURTHER RELEASE (BOTH ON BEHALF OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES), SNAPCAST, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS, HEIRS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSS (WHETHER OF WAGES OR OTHER EARNINGS, CONSORTIUM OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, COST, EXPENSE, DAMAGE (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE) OR OTHER CLAIM OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”) DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OR RESULTING FROM, OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO, YOUR ATTENDANCE AT AN EVENT. YOU FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL DEMANDS, SUITS, PROCEEDINGS, ACTIONS, JUDGMENTS AND OTHER CLAIMS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER THAT ANY OF THEM MAY SUFFER OR INCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, ARISING OR RESULTING FROM, OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO, YOUR ATTENDANCE AT AN EVENT OR ANY RESULTING OR RELATED ACTS, EVENTS OR CIRCUMSTANCES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SNAPCAST DOES NOT OWN, ENDORSE OR CONTROL ANY EVENT POSTING OR OFFER AND ALL EVENT POSTINGS AND OFFERS ARE ENDORSED BY THE ORGANIZER OF SUCH EVENT.
SNAPCAST HAS NO LIABILITY TO ANY EVENT ORGANIZER OR PROMOTER OR ANY EVENT ATTENDEES FOR ANY INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, OR ANY DAMAGE OCCURING AT OR RELATING TO AN EVENT, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INCLUDING INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, LOSS OF PROPERTY OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE CAUSED BY OR ARISING OUT OF THE ACTIONS BY ANY PARTICIPANT. ALL USERS OF THE SNAPCAST APPLICATION, HEREBY, AGREE TO FULLY RELEAS SNAPCAST FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO EVENTS AND OFFERS, INCLUDING ANY INJURY, ILLNESS OR DEATH OR LOSS OF PROPERTY CAUSED BY ANYONE AT AN EVENT.
The SnapCast Service is controlled and operated from facilities in the United States. SnapCast makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
As a user of the SnapCast Service (whether a prospective model; agent; scout; third party or other user), You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SnapCast and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (whether in contract, tort or statute) (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by you; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation; (v) User Content or any content that is submitted via your account including without limitation misleading, false, or inaccurate information; (vi) your gross negligence and/or willful misconduct; or (vii) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
17. Governing Law, Arbitration, and Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver
- A. Governing Law. ou agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in Delaware; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Delaware. This Agreement, and all claims or causes of action (whether in contract, tort or statute) that may be based upon, arise out of or relate to this Agreement, or the negotiation, execution or performance of this Agreement (including any claim or cause of action based upon, arising out of or related to any representation or warranty made in or in connection with this Agreement or as an inducement to enter into this Agreement), shall be governed by, and enforced in accordance with, the internal laws of the State of Delaware including its statutes of limitations without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The parties acknowledge that this Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences with respect to the substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of this Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16). The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in New York County, New York for any actions for which we retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of our copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, as set forth in the Arbitration provision below, including any provisional relief required to prevent irreparable harm. You agree that New York County, New York is the proper forum for any appeals of an arbitration award or for trial court proceedings in the event that the arbitration provision below is found to be unenforceable.
- B. Arbitration. READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES THE PARTIES TO ARBITRATE THEIR DISPUTES AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM SNAPCAST. For any dispute with SnapCast, you agree to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. In the unlikely event that SnapCast has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after sixty (60) days, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding any claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as provided below) arising out of or in connection with or relating to this Agreement, or the breach or alleged breach thereof (collectively, “Claims”), by binding arbitration by JAMS, under the Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. JAMS may be contacted at www.jamsadr.com. The arbitration will be conducted in New York, New York, unless you and SnapCast agree otherwise. If you are using the Service for commercial purposes, each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules, and the award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable attorneys’ fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses. If you are an individual using the Service for non-commercial purposes: (i) JAMS may require you to pay a fee for the initiation of your case, unless you apply for and successfully obtain a fee waiver from JAMS; (ii) the award rendered by the arbitrator may include your costs of arbitration, your reasonable attorney’s fees, and your reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses; and (iii) you may sue in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction without first engaging in arbitration, but this does not absolve you of your commitment to engage in the informal dispute resolution process. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this Section shall be deemed as preventing SnapCast from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts as necessary to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of our data security, Intellectual Property Rights or other proprietary rights.
- C. Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver. WITH RESPECT TO ALL PERSONS AND ENTITIES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY HAVE OBTAINED OR USED THE SERVICE FOR PERSONAL, COMMERCIAL OR OTHER PURPOSES, ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THIS WAIVER APPLIES TO CLASS ARBITRATION, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND SNAPCAST ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OF ANY KIND.
- A. Assignment. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by SnapCast without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
- B. Force Majeure. >SnapCast shall not be liable for delay or failure in the performance of any of its obligations hereunder if such delay or failure is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation any of the following: war (whether declared or not), armed conflict or the serious threat of the same (including but not limited to hostile attack, blockade, military embargo), hostilities, invasion, act of a foreign enemy, extensive military mobilization; civil war, riot, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power, insurrection, civil commotion or disorder, mob violence, act of civil disobedience; act of terrorism, sabotage or piracy; plague, epidemic, pandemic, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis, including quarantine or other employee restrictions; act of authority whether lawful or unlawful, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, curfew restriction, expropriation, compulsory acquisition, seizure of works, requisition, nationalization; act of God or natural disaster such as but not limited to violent storm, cyclone, typhoon, hurricane, tornado, blizzard, earthquake, volcanic activity, landslide, tidal wave, tsunami, flood, damage or destruction by lightning, drought; explosion, fire, destruction of machines, equipment, factories and of any kind of installation, prolonged break-down of transport, telecommunication or electric current; general labor disturbance such as but not limited to boycott, strike and lock-out, go-slow, occupation of factories and premises; shortage or inability to obtain critical material or supplies to the extent not subject to the reasonable control of the subject Party (“Force Majeure Event”).
- D. Entire Agreement/Severability. This Agreement, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with SnapCast in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and SnapCast concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect, except that in the event of unenforceability of the universal Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver, the entire arbitration agreement shall be unenforceable.
- E. No Waiver. o waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and SnapCast’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- F. Contact. Please contact us at: email@example.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.
This Agreement was last modified on 29 March 2022.